Friday, June 22, 2012

The Math Tutor

I have become the main math tutor on this tour. The choir kids range in age from 8 to 16, and are in grades 1 to 11. With two different countries represented (Liberia & Peru) we also have two different languages (English & Spanish) and two different styles of learning. I've been brushing up on my math skills for some time now, covering everything from Base 4, to dividing "backwards", to adding sets of numbers (as seen below), often with limited assistance from the book. But at least I speak & read both languages! And I've got a brother who is studying to be an Architectural Engineer. Just text him a picture of an "unsolvable" problem, and voila! He (almost always) gets it right!!

1 comment:

  1. Just so you know, I have been stalking your blog with little or no comments. :) Thanks for the updates and pictures. Looks like a lot of fun and a lot of work. Excited to hear about your next adventure in life! Let me know if you enter the Amazing Race, I'll be sure to watch. ;)

    By the way, I love math! Looks like just as much fun in Spanish.

    ReplyDelete